When I started my journey to get healthier I never imagine that I was going to find out about all the “bad” things we put in our bodies and our environment. More and more articles are being published every day with toxic substances not only on food products but detergents, cleaner solutions and even personal care products.
When the people of Rockin’ Green, contacted me to send me some samples I was really happy. I have heard about the eco-friendly laundry detergent before, and I was really looking forward to see if it would work on “adult” laundry as well as it does with diapers.
Rockin’ Green Is made of safe, phosphate free ingredients, which are good for the planet, and it works great for kids and adults clothes. The detergent comes in three formulas - Soft Rock, Classic Rock and Hard Rock. (Depending of the type of water in the area that you live in the United States)
Rockin’ Green comes in very nice fragrances: Smashing Watermelons, Earth, Wind, & Orchids, Rage Against the Raspberries, Motley Clean, Lavender Mint Revival, and Bare Naked Babies
I did the first load of laundry on our day to day clothes. I did not change the way I do laundry. I presoaked in our washer and then I run the washer on the same settings I have done in the past. I always use cold water.
The clothes had a fresh nice smell. Even though it is powder detergent I did not see any of the “white marks” I had experienced with other powder soaps.
The second load was of my husband’s greasy work clothes. I was not expecting any good results, because let’s be honest, sometimes ecological products are soft and do not clean as well. To my surprise Rockin’ Green removed some “fresh” oil stains. The water during the soaking process was not as “dirty” as with other detergents, so I was not sure it was going to work, but the clothes look very similar to what they look when I wash them with the detergent we normally use. (They are work clothes anyways, so I was not expecting miracles)
Rockin’ Green also has available Funk Rock for ammonia, Femme Rock for cloth menstrual pads, and Dog House Rock for pets. (I might need to try some for Da Vinci's toys)
So there you have it. Some products that are good for you work as they promise. This is a good example!
One lucky My Life is a Journey reader will win 3 sample bags of Rockin' Green Detergent so you can have clean clothes too.
At the beginning of 2014 I set up some goals for the year. One of them was complete 5K with my son. He is only 9 so to motivate him to join me during exercise I have to look for fun races.
When I heard about the 5K The Super Run, I knew I wanted to do it. What a great way to run with family or friends that dressed up as super heroes?
April 28th is National Superhero Day and to kick it off right The Super Run will have their inaugural event in Detroit, Michigan on April 26th 2014. The Super Run has over 20 locations nationally, and there are more coming soon!
So, what else is cool about this run? Besides the fact that you can have fun dressing up as a super hero, in this run you can select the non-profit that you’d like your fundraising efforts to benefit. This is a family friendly fun run that supports local non-profits to raise funds and awareness for their organizations.
You do not know what to dress up as? No problem, all registered participants will receive an official superhero cape!
If you are interested on donating towards their project you can visit their Indiegogo project page
To find out if there is a race near you, visit The Super Run website
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
The opinions in this article are my own. I do not work for, or with, any brand mentioned in this article, nor do I have any official relationship with them. I have a relationship with GigaSavvy, for whom I create original editorial content.
Can you believe that we are starting the second trimester of the year? It seems that it was yesterday when we set all those New Year resolutions or goals. It is time to re-evaluate and see how we are doing.
With the arrival of Spring and all the popularity of spring cleaning for the house, maybe we need to do some spring cleaning in our refrigerator, pantry and start an exercise program too.
Here are some healthy easy tips for you to implement this Spring
1. Meal planning: it is easy to eat unhealthy if you cook or shop while you are hungry. If you prepare meals in advance and have a calendar, it would be easy to eat healthy food. This will also help you with saving some money, because you will buy only the ingredients that you need to prepare your meals and it will be less food wasted. Click on the image below for a meal planning free download.
2. Exercise: The weather is nicer so there is plenty of activities you can do. Walk, swim, play out with your kids. Be active. That is what is important. You can choose what works for your lifestyle. Make sure you are active for at least 30 minutes a day.
3. Drink plenty of water: Stay hydrated. Giving up soda it has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but I am glad I did it. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Keeping a water log might be useful.
4. Clean your mind: Relax, enjoy nature. Use breathing techniques to relax, find a hobby. Take a hot shower, talk to a friend. So many ways to fight stress.
5. Get rid of unnecessary things: clutter and mess can affect you. Clean you house, get rid of clothes and things you do not use anymore (you can sell them or donate them, just get them out of your home). You will be able to "detox" your home. Choose a room every weekend and clean it. Your house will be clean before you know it. This will also help you with any allergies.
6. Be happy and smile: sounds easy, but sometimes we forget to do it. Find things you enjoy and share them with people you love.
As usual before you start any meal or exercise plan or if you are suffering from any diseases, consult with a medical professional first. Visit your doctor for a year physical and do not forget to visit your dentist as well.
You find more health information visiting Molina Healthcare
A couple of weeks ago I told you about the great time my family had celebrating hubby's birthday at Medieval Times and just today I have learned that they have a great offer. All seats are only $28 dollars. That is such a great price. A great show and and awesome dinner for just $28? Do not miss the chance and call them to book your dinner because this offer expires on Monday 03/31/14
For more information visit their Facebook Page
This is the kind of toy I am sad it was not around when I was a child. I see that both girls and boys have so much fun creating bracelets and other things. It is a good thing. At least is taking them away from the computer, the video games and help them interact with other kids.
The Loomy Awards are sponsored by The Original Loom Boom a product that helps organize, display and showcase all the loom bracelets. So what are the awards?
Participants will be chosen from four categories
What are the prizes?
How to enter?
Entries can be submitted on The Original Loom Boom’s Facebook page beginning on March 30, 2014, and winners will be announced on a live web award show April 30, 2014.
Now the good news for all you of fans of Loom creators. I have ONE Original Loom Boom to giveaway. To enter all you have to do is to tell me what are the colors of your favorite Loom.