The opinions in this article are my own. I do not work for, or with, any brand mentioned in this article, nor do I have any official relationship with them. I have a relationship with GigaSavvy, for whom I create original editorial content.
Can you believe that we are starting the second trimester of the year? It seems that it was yesterday when we set all those New Year resolutions or goals. It is time to re-evaluate and see how we are doing.
With the arrival of Spring and all the popularity of spring cleaning for the house, maybe we need to do some spring cleaning in our refrigerator, pantry and start an exercise program too.
Here are some healthy easy tips for you to implement this Spring
1. Meal planning: it is easy to eat unhealthy if you cook or shop while you are hungry. If you prepare meals in advance and have a calendar, it would be easy to eat healthy food. This will also help you with saving some money, because you will buy only the ingredients that you need to prepare your meals and it will be less food wasted. Click on the image below for a meal planning free download.
2. Exercise: The weather is nicer so there is plenty of activities you can do. Walk, swim, play out with your kids. Be active. That is what is important. You can choose what works for your lifestyle. Make sure you are active for at least 30 minutes a day.
3. Drink plenty of water: Stay hydrated. Giving up soda it has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but I am glad I did it. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Keeping a water log might be useful.
4. Clean your mind: Relax, enjoy nature. Use breathing techniques to relax, find a hobby. Take a hot shower, talk to a friend. So many ways to fight stress. As spring comes, it is a great time to start thinking about our long-term health and how our current habits might impact it. Over time things we might not see like a glass of wine or two at night or trying something that we have seen recommended on the internet might leave us in a vulnerable position. Everything we put into our body impacts the mind; wine, coffee, smoking, and even the effects of mushrooms on the brain are something to be mindful of. Clean your mind by taking a broader view of your life.
5. Get rid of unnecessary things: clutter and mess can affect you. Clean you house, get rid of clothes and things you do not use anymore (you can sell them or donate them, just get them out of your home). You will be able to "detox" your home. Choose a room every weekend and clean it. Your house will be clean before you know it. This will also help you with any allergies.
6. Be happy and smile: sounds easy, but sometimes we forget to do it. Find things you enjoy and share them with people you love.
As usual before you start any meal or exercise plan or if you are suffering from any diseases, consult with a medical professional first. Visit your doctor for a year physical and do not forget to visit your dentist as well.
You find more health information visiting Molina Healthcare