I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. However all opinions expressed are my own.
Father's day is almost here and I have been looking for the perfect present for my husband. He has so many "toys" that it is hard for me to choose something. I think we finally got something picked up for him and we will celebrating earlier this year, since the boys will be leaving for summer vacation.
Even though father's day should be celebrated everyday, I am glad that at least we have a day where we can recognize dads that love spending time with their kids. My husband loves adventure and he teaches my son really cool things. They go out dirt biking, car racing and he has even started teaching my son how to fix the car. He My son shares a very strong bond with my husband and I am happy my son has a great dad.
So to celebrate Father’s day we are preparting the recipe Tropical BBQ using Cattleman’s Finest meat with mango salsa served grilled pineapple and yuca (cassava) chips. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
My husband is from the U.S but he has learned to enjoy flavors from Latino-america, he actually requests that we eat Colombian food and he enjoys trying different flavors. He knows he is part of being of a bi-cultural family and he encourages our son not only to speak Spanish but also to learn traditions from Colombia and eat different types of foods. That is what we are trying to do with this celebration, we are doing the American BBQ with a Colombian touch.
1. Marinate meat: using your favorite marinate sauce or just with onions, tomatoes, parsley and a little bit of oil.
2. In a large pot, cover yuca with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low heat and cook uncovered. Cook until yuca becomes tender (15 to 20 minutes) Remove yuca and drain thoroughly. Let cool. It is important the yuca is cool before slicing. With a sharp knife cut yuca into slim chips. Fry the chips in organic oil until golden brown and then salt to taste.
3. Take the meat and pineapple to the grill. Grill meat until your desired cook level. We like our medium done.
4. Prepare the mango salsa: Mix mango, onion, tomatoes, parsley and salt and pepper with some organic oil.
5. Serve the meat with the mango salsa, grilled pineapple and yucca chips.
For this recipe I went to Smart and Final because I love the convenience of a store that sells food at great prices without the need of a membership. The local store is just a few blocks from my house and I always find parking available, plus there are hardly ever any long lines. We always find everything we need from meats to product and even some Latin foods.
While I was at the store I also learned about the awesome summer contest with Cattlerman’s Finest. You could win a BBQ grill when you enter the code on the web that is printed on your receipt. You can also visit their Facebook page to vote and get a coupon for (1) FREE First Street Barbecue Sauce 18-oz. with the purchase of any Cattleman’s Finest item.
#ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias #shop #cbias
The meat was so tender and juicy and the combination of flavors with the pineapple and the mango was really good. A great way to celebrate father's day. Everything was fresh and healthy too!
Now tell me how are you celebrating father's day?