We have a weakness for seafood. I can say without a doubt that it is our favorite food. We love ahi tuna and fish tacos, specially good fish tacos. We love to eat at Spencer Makenzie's and we are so happy they open a new location in Camarillo.
We were invited to the media night to try their menu however, as usual all opinions are our own.
The famous restaurant that we all at Ventura County have known for years, local business with amazing food, Spencer Mackenzie's is now open in Camarillo. This family business, owned by John Karayan is bringing their famous tacos and burritos and their amazing hot sauces to a large bulding with inside seating and a pet friendly patio.
They use only sushi grade fish, that is why it always tastes so fresh. Their vegetables are bought from produce wholesalers that are known for the freshness of their products and 90% of their sauces and 100% of their salsas are homemade.
Oh and they are kid friendly restaurant. The environment and decor are inviting and although they do sell alcohol I can tell you it has a very nice atmosphere.
Did you know that Spencer Mackenzie’s is home of the World Famous Fish Tacos? It has been also voted best fish taco by the VC Reporter 8 years straight and it has been ranked Top 50 Best Tacos in America by Foursquare, The Chive & Business Insider.
The menu has a great variety of options such as salads, tacos, burritos and even a homemade clam chowder. Here are some of our favorites from the media tasting
1. Ahi Pocket: A mildly sweet tofu pocket stuffed with sushi rice, topped with "Dynamite" sauce & Blackened Ahi Tuna.
2. Wontons: 6 per order (3 with shrimp & cream cheese and 3 with jalapeños & cream cheese, topped with a sweet & spicy sauce.
3. Wisconsin cheese curds: come with a side of Sweet Chili Fire sauce.
4. Shrimp Cocktail
5. Ahi Taco: Seared Ahi tuna topped with chopped cabbage, cilantro, bell peppers and our Brooklyn Style sauce perfectly spread across a flour tortilla.
6. Calamari Taco: Breaded and fried strips of calamari topped with chopped cabbbage, bell peppers, cilantro, and our Spencer Sauce perfectly spread across a flour tortilla. Try it Brooklyn Style.
7. The Ahicado: Ahi Tuna mixed with lemon infused olive oil on top fresh avocados topped with black pepper.
Each table have bottles of their famous sauces: Caribbean Blaze, Little Sweet, Lotta Heat, Sweet Chili Fire, and the original Spencer Sauce. It is hard to pick a favorite here, the good news is that they are available to buy to take home.
The Throw Down: Biggest Cornhole Tournament
Spencer Makenzie's invites all players of all skill levels to enter the West Coast's biggest Cornhole - Bean Bag Tournament "The Throw Down" on Friday August 24, 2018 and Sunday August 26, 2018. This 3 day cornhole tournament is the largest cash cornhole tournament in the world and is held in the beautiful beach town of Ventura California. Come enjoy the tournament as a cornhole player or spectator there is plenty of food, drinks, cold beer and wonderful beach weather.
All players who play will be competing for over $36,000 in guaranteed cash payouts. Plus all teams with Ventura County residency will be competing for a additional cash payouts. So mark your calendars now, only 192 teams will be playing.
Here you can find more information on the The Throw Down
Spencer Makenzie's Camarillo
311 Carmen Dr
Camarillo, CA 93010
6/30/2018 08:37:09 pm
OMG, we love their food. We drive from TO but Camarillo is so much closer. Thanks for the info
7/19/2018 12:26:16 pm
I love their tacos, need to try the burritos next
Leave a Reply.