I am not Mexican but we love eating Mexican food at home. Going out can be expensive so I have been experimenting cooking at home. Family likes it. And I have to admit some recipes are easy.
Put water on a pot and bring in to boil. Once water begins to boil, add the chicken, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is completely done. Shred chicken into thin strands and set aside.
In a skillet, heat oil to medium high heat. While oil is coming up to temperature, heat the tortillas on a comal (or in a dry skillet if you do not own a comal) until they are soft
Put 3 tablespoons of shredded chicken on the bottom quarter of the tortilla and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Form all the tacos and place them into the hot olive oil with the folded edge facing down (do they do not spill). Fry until golden and crispy, and place the tacos to drain on a paper towel. Serve hot tacos with shredded lettuce, Mexican crema, the crumbled queso fresco, tomate and salsa. Serve immediately
Knott's is getting ready for the Holidays. Celebrate Christmas with Snoopy #MerryFarm
Disclosure: I will be attending a media event with complementary passes, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Last year as part of my son Christmas present I took him to Knott's. Yes, we celebrated with roller coasters and Snoopy shows. But Knott's has more to offer during their Merry Farm celebration. The park is decorated beautiful with all the holiday themed decorations and there really cool things to explore.
What is at Knott's Merry Farm besides riding roller coasters?
1. IT’S CHRISTMAS SNOOPY! - You can see the cutest ice skating show at the Charles M. Schulz Theatre.
2. SANTA’S CHRISTMAS CABIN: where you can have your pictures taken with Santa. There will be also wine and beer tasting and a delicious Santa's Sundae Bar
3. SNOOPY’S TREE LIGHTING at Calico Square
4. CHRISTMAS ABOARD ENGINE 41 – Ride the Holiday decorated train.
5. WINTER WONDERLAND – Camp Snoopy Theater
6. CALICO SALOON CHRISTMAS SHOW
7. “A CHRISTMAS CAROL” or “THE GIFT OF THE MAGI” – Bird Cage Theatre
8. CALICO CAROLERS – Throughout Ghost Town
9. THE GHOST TOWN MINERS – Spurs stage
10. SNOOPY’S MAGICAL NIGHTS OF LIGHTS – Camp Snoopy
11. CHRISTMAS CRAFTS FAIR- Ghost Town
I am a season pass holder. We love all the advantages that it brings such as discounts and I have good news for all of you. You can buy the 2014 season passes now. Knott's is offering the 2014 Season Passes with:
• Easy pay payment program (for a limited time)
• One FREE visit during the 2013 season
• Additional visits for just $9.99 each through December 31, 2013
• Unlimited visits for the entire 2014 season with no blackout dates and much more.
To buy passes and get more information visit Knott's website.
Disclosure: I received a complementary copy to facilitate this review but all opinions expressed are my own.
Available on DVD & VOD on November 5th
Synopsis: A courageous girl sets out on a hazardous journey to find the Christmas Star in order to free the kingdom from a curse and bring back a long lost princess, but some mighty foes try to stop her. A Christmas adventure for the whole family set in a magnificent winter
Here there is another movie just in time for the holidays. Your kids will love the story. You will love the story. A great DVD when you have to stay inside during the winter cold or rainy days.
Two (2) lucky My Life is a Journey readers will win a copy of the DVD. Just enter the rafflecopter below.
Exercising does not have to be boring. As a matter of fact, it has to be FUN.
That is why doing a 5k that is fun is so important. I joined some friends and we formed a team. We dressed up on neon lime green tutus and hot pink ripped tights. We laughed and we had a great time.
I had a broken toe, so it was a little hard, but I finished. The water was cold and we got muddy. The course was in the mountains and going up the hill was a little challenging, but it was FUN.
I really recommend that if you are looking to participate in any runs next year you look for the Dirty Girl Mud Run near you. Get your girlfriends, form a team and just have fun. You can run it, walk it or crawl it. Just do it and get dirty!
Are you ready to get dirty?