After attending a few natural and organic conferences and events I have learned a lot about hemp hearts, so when I got the opportunity to review the product I was super happy. I have had a few samples before and maybe because of they way the package looks, my first idea was to use them for my oatmeal, which they taste great at, but I wanted to learn more about them and see what other recipes you can uses them for.
What are hemp hearts?
Hemp Hearts are the center of the hemp.Hemp hearts are a great source of healthy fats and they are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. Just one serving (30g or about 3 Tbls) provides 10 grams of Omegas 3 and 6, 3g of carbs, 3g of fiber, 10g of protein, and a good amount of magnesium.
It is important to clarify that Hemp is not the same that Marijuana, it is not a drug. Hemp is great for cooking and it gives great flavor to almost everything you put in on.
Here are 5 reasons you should be using Hemp hearts:
1. They taste good and add flavor to other foods: Hemp Hearts are great not only on their own, but they are aslo great when you add them to other foods. What type of foods? Well pretty much everything. You can add them to smoothies, pancakes, even you meatloaf. They will help with the consistency and the flavor as well
2. They are easy to use: just mix them in with your favorite recipe to blend or sprinkle them in a salad, smoothie or anything else. No extra time for cooking, no preparation, it is simple, just add them to whatever you want.
3. They are NON-GMO: no chemicals in your body.
4. They are nutritious: great source of Omegas for your heart and high in fiber too.
5. They are vegan and hypoallergenic. Ideal for kids recipes too.
A discount for you!
If you would like to get some Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts you can use code HHSweatPink14 for a 20% discount in your order.
Leave a Reply.