When I got the email with the invite to attend and cover the strawberry festival I was very happy. We love strawberries and for once we did not have to drive long hours to have some fun. We were ust a few minutes away.
The weather was perfect, not too hot not to windy, it is like if the weather gods new that the Strawberry festival was taken place at the city of Oxnard.
Last weekend at the annual California Strawberry festival everything was “berry” awesome.
The festival is a celebration for the local farmers that want to show case some of the best berries of the planet with some great activities such as live bands, rides for both kids and adults, crafts and off course a great arrangement of everything strawberry foods.
A great thing of the festival is that the money raised goes back to the local community to be able to support projects that benefit the farmers. So pretty much with your attendance you are supporting the farmers besides having fun.
Things to do a the festival
1. Enjoy the rides: At a very affordable price, only $1 dollar a ride you and your kids can enjoy the rides. Try to get on the early as lines can get longer as the festival gets crowded. There are a couple of activities that cost extra money such as the zip line and the Bungee Jumping
2. Participate on the Strawberry Tart Toss: only a few bucks to throw the tarts and free to get tarts tossed at you.
3. Story time
4. Eat and indulge on a variety of fair style foods and all things strawberry such as Strawberry Nachos, Strawberry Pizza, Funnel Cakes and chocolate dipped strawberries
5. Build your own strawberry shortcake
6. Enjoy all the adult beverage available: Champagne, margaritas, beer and wine.
7. Enjoy the Strawberry Lemonade and smoothies
8. Meet Strawberry Shortcake and get a friendship bracelet from her
9. Watch the Berry Best Dressed Contest
10. Take some fresh picked strawberries home: they are sold by the basket or the flat.
The California Strawberry Festival is a great family-friendly event and if you are in the area next year you should visit, because I am sure you will have the "Berry" best time!