Finding Colombian products is not always easy, so I have been trying to incorporate Mexican flavors into Colombia dishes. The flavor combinations end up being very tasty and since my son likes spicy food is easy to incorporate the Mexican products without having any complaints.
Since I was craving arepas, I headed to Vallarta to get some flour to make some, and I bought some Jalapenos, Chipotle peppers and chorizo to create a Mexican style arepa.
Mexican Style Arepa
- Arepas (Corn Cakes): you can make your own, or buy them at Colombian restaurants
- Mozzarella cheese
- La Morena sliced jalapenos
- La Morena Chiplote peppers in adobo sauce
- Prepare the chorizo by frying it on organic oil and the sauce of the chipothel peppers. Once is cooked slice it.
- Warm up the arepas with cheese on the top so the cheese melts. (I usualy make a batch of arepas and freeze them)
- Place the chorizo, jalapenos and chipotle peppers on top of the arepa