While you wait for the boat you can see all the latest information of whale and dolphin sighting displayed on the wall of Island Packers. I thought it was a nice touch to create excitement of what we could see during our little excursion.
When it was time to board the boat, we decided to be up-stairs to get a better view and enjoy the great weather. The boat also has a cabin on the first floor where you can find a small snack station (cash only), and if you get cold is a good place to get a break from the chilly wind.
As we were leaving the harbor, the Channel Island Park volunteers gave us a small presentation about whales and sea life and they also had a couple of models for little ones to play with and make the trip not only fun but also educational.
- Dress in layers. Take a jacket, it gets chilly
- Pack water, lunch and snacks. (the boat has some available as well, cash only)
- Do not forget your camera
- If you get sea sick, do not forget your medication and plastic bags just in case
- Go to the bow of the boat (front part) so you can get a better view
- Be prepared to get a little wet
- Follow the crew instructions. Remember the water get choppy and accidents could happen