One of the ways we can stay on track is by visiting the gym regularly. Yes, although we can exercise on our own, going to the gym is great because we can do both cardio and weights and you might feel motivated when seeing other people exercising.
At the same time, going to the gym can be intimidating. So here are some #CoolJourney tips to help you take advantage of your gym membership:
- Don't worry about others: Many times we shy away from the gym because we are worried about what others may say or think about us. If that thought crossed your mind, just destroy it. You are in the gym doing what others are: losing weight, getting toned, becoming healthier. There is always a first step to it, and kudos to you, you are doing just that. It might just be that others won't give it a second thought, they are busy focusing on their routines. This leads us to tips 2 and 3
- Get a little self-confidence: Wear your cute work out clothes! No, we are not saying you have to bare skin if you don't want to. There are many different styles of tops and pants to fit all of our needs while giving us that ego boost that will not only help us do our workout comfortably, most likely it will give us a little motivational push to keep on going to the gym.
- Know the equipment: Don't want to stand clueless in front of a machine every one else just hops on effortlessly? Well ask for a tour, ask for help, reach out to the gym's staff. Don't try to figure it out on your own because you could end up hurting yourself.
- Get with your program: Get help and build your workout program. Like that as you enter the gym you know what you are doing every time, and you ensure you are working out all of your body on a weekly basis. This will save you time, and keep you in check
- Follow gym etiquette: easy simple things make the world go round. it is the same thing at the gym. So wipe down the equipment after you use it, try not to use a machine for too long if you know people are waiting a turn, and please don't walk in between a mirror and another patron if someone is exercising in front of it.