About the Boysenberry Festival
This spring, celebrate Knott’s delicious roots during its Boysenberry Festival harvested in the theme park’s historic Ghost Town. The 16-day festival returns with an unforgettable lineup of exquisite Boysenberry Bites, dazzling entertainment, gourmet food and the Wine and Craft Brew Tasting Garden, plus the limited time return of the classic Bear-y Tales characters in a pie making kitchen, and more! In the 1930s Walter Knott harvested the boysenberry, a cross between a loganberry, red raspberry and blackberry, and named the new berry after its originator Rudolph Boysen. Today, all boysenberries in the world can trace their roots back to Knott’s Berry Farm. The Park will once again make delicious history with the debut of its very own farm-made Berry Market™ Boysenberry BBQ Sauce during the widely acclaimed Boysenberry Festival. During the food fest, the tangy, finger lickin’ good sauce will add the perfect flavor to ribs, BBQ chicken, chicken wings, and more
Must do's. (Things you should NOT miss)
- Try yummy food: While on the park, and between riding all the thrill rides make sure you get to try all the variety of foods available such as fried cheese curds paired with a spicy boysenberry dipping sauce, fish and chips sandwich with boysenberry tartar sauce, Boysenberry ICEE Float and the Boysenberry Frappuccino and Latte.
- Wine and beer tasting: Enjoy a grown-up treat (or two). Visit the Wine and Craft Brew Garden, located inside of Ghost Town’s Wilderness Dance Hall.
- Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies: toe tappin’, knee-slappin’, gut-bustin’ country comedy show that the whole family can enjoy. (This one is my son favorite)
- Birdcage Square (located in front of the famous Birdcage Theater). Enjoy daily activities such as pie eating, a pie walk, a daily chance for girls (up to age 11) to be crowned Miss Boysenberry.
- Peanuts Party in the Park: join the Peanuts with a show full of contagious music, vibrant set design, and an invitation for the audience to be a part of the show.
- Lucy’s Really BIG Spring Show: a great show perfect for the little ones, although adults will enjoy it too, because you know you will always count on one laugh or two with Lucy.
There is so many other things going on at the park that they are hard to list here. There is something for everyone at your party. And if you love roller coasters as we do, you can still enjoy the rides in between.