A day to remind everyone the things we can do to try to save the planet from pollution and contamination. Every one CAN make a difference.
From coastal clean ups to recycling there are many ways people can help. Simple things such as using your own bottle water instead of plastic bottles recycle cans, paper, and glass. Also you can help by using reusable bags when you go to the stores.
What you can do:
- Save water: do not let the faucet open while brushing your teeth
- If you can walk or use a bike. (leave your car at home)
- Use Energy Star products (light bulbs)
- Turn off your electronics when not in use
- Turn off the lights when leaving the room
- Reusable water bottles and bags for the stores
- Teach your kids how to save the planet
This is the day you can start something if you already do not do it. At home we recycle, we use the reusable bags and we also use products that are safe for the environment. Our next project is to start a neighborhood recycling project.
So many ways to get involved, call your city and they can tell you how to help.
And remember that you DO make a difference.
The kids of the future will help you!