However, even though it is a hobby, I want to be good at it. So for me learning new things and networking is really important. So, when I learned about the Latino Lifestyle Blogger conference, I knew I had to be there.
Unfortunately due to work I was not able to attend the networking cocktail the first day, but I heard comments that it was really good. Not only the food and drinks, but also that it was a great space to get to know other bloggers. You know you need to be social and surround yourself with great people, so you can grow, and opportunities like this are invaluable.
Luckily I was able to attend the other two days full of opportunities for learning. I can tell you that the information provided at the conference was really valuable. The speakers were prepared and they knew their stuff.
The conference took place in a cozy space. It is a one track conference which means that you do not have to choose panels and be sad because you cannot attend something that might be also interesting for you. It is also a great way to network, socialize and learn not only from the speakers but from the questions asked by fellow bloggers.
As I already said, I learned a lot. I am ready to bring my blog to a new level. I know it is going to take a little bit, since I do not have a lot of time, but I will be taking small steps to implement all things I learned.
Here are some great points I have learned:
- Make sure your social persona represents you well.
- Do not be afraid to pitch brands. Do research, learn the brand, and create a good pitch.
- Have original content. Pay attention to grammar and spelling. (I really need to work on this, I know)
- Have a disclosure and follow the FTC rules.
- Make sure you have consistency on your blog.
- Surround yourself with great people.
- Have an editorial calendar (my next project to tackle)