MOANA arrives in theaters everywhere on November 23rd!
- All the characters in “Moana” wear outfits made only from materials that would have been available to them 2,000 years ago.
- Maui’s tattoos features “Mini Maui”—a two-dimensional representation of Maui that serves as the demigod’s conscience, ensuring he does the right thing—even when he’d rather not.
- The ocean is more than a setting in “Moana”—it’s a character.
- In earlier versions of the film, Heihei used to be smart and sassy, but filmmakers felt that character was not unique. Several campaigned to remove the rooster from the film altogether, but a small group of story team members spent a couple days brainstorming ways to keep the character. Their solution? Lower his IQ. Their pitch earned so many laughs that Heihei was ultimately a keeper.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda was officially offered the “Moana” gig on the same week he found out that he and his wife were expecting their first child.
- Dwayne Johnson said that when he learned he was going to sing he saw it as an opportunity to challenge himself
- Auli"i Cravalho told us that the movie had been an incredible journey for her. She is 15 going on 16. She is working with the best people in the entire world, of whom are making a film inspired by her culture, the culture that she has lived every day of her life and that is something so incredibly special, for the rest of the world to see.