I was invited to the VIP Friends and Family Grand Opening event and I was given a tour of the facilities. My family and I not only enjoyed great food and music but we were really impressed with the features of the store.
The new location is 30,000 square foot and is decorated to match the surfing community where it is located. The store is conveniently located at 650 Town Center Drive (in The Collection shopping center).
The store will focus on fresh and organic fruits and vegetables and also have specialty items, high quality meats, poultry, fish and also everyday low prices. Organic and Local will be promoted as well.
- Bar Rincon: A relaxing and casual bar/restaurant with seating for more than 50 people and a rotating selection of more than 24 craft beers on tap, plus wine and an extensive menu featuring local produce and sustainable meats. A daily happy hour will also be available.
- Extensive produce section
- Meat department
- Seafood department
- Hot and cold bar options: Prepared salads and rotating hot menu items featuring healthy Plant-Strong™ (no added oil) soups, salads and entrees.
- Full in-store bakery
- Juice and coffee bar
- Great Value
- Bulk and raw foods
- Prepared foods: Serving a wide variety of everyday favorites such as handcrafted pizza by the slice or the whole pie, in-house chips, custom-made sandwiches, burritos and tacos at the taqueria, bar and meals-on-the-go. There will be Weekday Deals including pizza specials, value meals, $2 dollar off food bars on Wednesday and Rotisserie chicken deals.
- Bulk and raw foods: Selection featuring heirloom beans, sprouted nuts/grains/granolas and trail mixes and an expanded bulk section
- Whole Body section
- Free Wi-Fi
To demonstrate Whole Foods Market’s commitment to the community, the new Oxnard store will donate five percent of the day’s net sales on June 26 to the House Farm Workers! The donation will help provide more safe and affordable housing for hundreds of farm workers and their families