So it was really exciting to see at the store that they have HERDEZ® Instant Refried Beans in different flavors, one of them chorizo. It is so practical. And believe the quality is really good. It feels like when we are eating out, but with the convenience of fast preparation and not a lot of ingredients needed.
Recipe courtesy of Herdez™
- 1 package of Herdez™ Chorizo Refried Beans
- ½ pound ground Chorizo
- ½ pound Queso Fresco
- HERDEZ® Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Heat oven to 350°
- Prepare Herdez™ Chorizo Refried Beans according to package instructions.
- In medium size skillet, over medium-high heat, cook Chorizo making sure to crumble it. Drain if needed.
- Transfer beans to a 4 cup oven safe serving dish. Add chorizo crumbles and top with Queso Fresco.
- Bake 10 minutes, to warm through and melt the cheese. (Can also be heated in a microwave in a microwave safe dish).
- Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream.