You walk down some stairs and get in the water. The water covers you waist deep. The water was about 55 degrees, but the custom-fit wet suit does not let you freeze.
The whales are very docile and playful and they love when you feed them. You learn to interact with the whales and work with them on some behaviors such as spun in place, float on their backs to be rubbed, the love to give kisses, wave, and make noises, depending on the hand signal you give them.
Tips to make your experience better
- Do not forget to bring your swim wear.
- Bring a hair tie.
- If you are picky with hair products bring your own shampoo and hair conditioner.
- Pack your deodorant.
- Bring a plastic bag to pack the wet swim wear and wet towel. (SeaWorld provides a towel that you get to keep).
- Do not be afraid of getting splash by the whales, it is all part of the fun.
- Be prepared to buy pictures. They are not included on the experience but they are worth it.
- Keep your hands inside the water as much as possible. It helps to keep you warmer.
- Make it a family or group event. It is so much fun